« Home | Awesome » | In Other News... » | We Barely Knew Ye » | Just In Case You Forgot » | Free-Falling Prestige » | Grammar Five-Oh » | Professional Nerd » | An Apology Apology » | Have you Noticed? » | In the Earth Relm » 

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 

They Took My Deodorant

First, let me establish my bona fides. I'm the guy who always thanks the airport security people after they search me. And I fully appreciate how important and thankless their job is.

So please realize my ire is directed not at them, but at their bosses in DC.

I just wenr through airport security, and they took my deodorant and my toothpaste. As if Right Guard and Crest were two synonyms for Al Queda and Hezb'allah. And me with a kipah.

I have two problems with this. The first is that evidently, under 3 oz. of liquid or gel is fine. As if 3 oz. of C-4 plastic explosive won't blow a big hole in an airplane. So my 2.75 oz. Edge Gel is good to go, but my 6 oz. bottle of toothpaste goes in the trash. How about they just have me eat some? No one would eat liquid explosives. But no...in the trash it goes.

But the main problem I have is that we're fighting the last war. We're protecting ourselves against an attack that already was tried...and *failed*. They're going to try something else next time. Something we haven't thought of, and something we're not going to think of, because we're spending our time afraid of flouride.

Apropos of nothing whatsoever, anyone know where I can pick up some toothpaste and deodorant in Houston?

I know exactly what you mean. The insane measures which we have taken for our "protection" in the airports is unbelievable.

Our main focus should be securing areas in which we have yet to have been attacked, for inovations are always abound.

And thank you for the warm welcome to the blogging world...Valancy is great, isn't she?

Post a Comment