« Home | A Little Insulting » | On the Run More Than 40 Years » | I'm Back » | Women and Boots » | What I'd Really Rather Be Doing » | First text message post.--Mobile Email from a Cing... » | Why LNU? » | My Last Name » 

Friday, April 21, 2006 

False Alarm


False Alarm
Originally uploaded by Hank LNU.
So I spent a goodly portion of yesterday, the last day of Passover, in the hospital. But do I have a new child yet? Not so fast, little camper. We spent an hour on the monitor, then two hours walking the halls, then another little while on the monitor, and...got sent home.

Whoopsie.

So I'm taking the day off; we hope she'll go in the next day or so. It's her pattern: a false alarm, then real labor. If she sticks to form. Which, you know, well, each pregnancy is different.

So what I'm saying is...who the hell knows when we're going to have our next kid. Not me, that's for certain.

The really annoying thing is the lady that came into the labor and delivery wing while we were there. Her water had broken (for those of you who haven't gone through this, that means automatic admission. Otherwise, you get put on the monitor and evaluated until you enter what they consider to be real labor), and she was in serious pain. But about 30 minutes later---while we were still walking the halls trying to get something going---she was holding her new baby.

We hate her.