« Home | False Alarm » | A Little Insulting » | On the Run More Than 40 Years » | I'm Back » | Women and Boots » | What I'd Really Rather Be Doing » | First text message post.--Mobile Email from a Cing... » | Why LNU? » | My Last Name » 

Friday, April 21, 2006 

Why We Fight

It's always good to remember the nature of your enemies. You don't dwell on it, because staring into that blackness has an effect on you, but you shouldn't forget it either. Because when you forget, you start to think that negotiation might work, or that you need to respect their democatic process. No. No. No.

The nature of our enemies is barbarity.

No concept of mercy clouds their purpose, which, ultimately, is the death of my children. I don't have to respect anyone who fervently desires my kids' death. I don't need to understand the greivances of someone who wants my childrens' blood to stain the streets.

And how do I know they want that? Because...they say so. And there's a great quote: "when someone points a gun at your head and says they want to kill you...believe them." That's the lesson of Oslo and Intifada II.

I have no patience for someone who says they want me dead. Someone who says that about my kids has signed their own death warrant with those words. I don't need to understand them, I just need to know where to find them.

This picture makes my blood boil, every time I see it. Because the nature of our enemies is barbarity, and too many people see it and turn away.