« Home | Keep My Politics to Myself » | Rezzie, Part III » | Rezzie, Part II » | Rezzie, Part I » | Home Away from Home » | No, No, No » | Great Moments in Marketing » | True Heroes » | It's a Boy » | Meetings, Meetings, and...More Meetings » 

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 

Bravery? Not So Much.

Idiots.

Why is it "brave" to stand up in a room full of people who agree with you and yell something everybody in the room agrees with, except for the speaker, who is espousing a different idea? That's not brave, that's self-indulgent.

Now, if she sponsored a debate, and picked a real opponent, where she'd have to defend her ideas without ad hominem attacks, that'd be brave.

But to heckle a man who disagrees with her, who has vastly more knowledge and experience than she does, who has fought and bled and literally been tortured for his country, is an arrogance to an extent only found in liberal arts college students.

She should not be lionized. She should be ashamed of herself.

Even her apology was bullshit: "I'm really sorry I had to do that." And, "it was in keeping with his value of self-expression."

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

No más. No más.