« Home | Fugly » | Another Childhood Icon Gone » | 24 » | Bravery? Not So Much. » | Keep My Politics to Myself » | Rezzie, Part III » | Rezzie, Part II » | Rezzie, Part I » | Home Away from Home » | No, No, No » 

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 

Barbeque


Barbeque
Originally uploaded by Hank LNU.
Why is it that when I go to a restaurant, I have a hamburger for dinner. One hamburger.

But at a barbeque, I can eat two hot dogs and three hamburgers and not break a sweat? Seriously, how is it that I can stuff myself with meat as long as it was cooked on a grill?

Not that I have any reason lately to ponder this question. No, the happenstance of Memorial Day (the biggest barbequeing day of the year) being yesterday has nothing to do with it.

Really.

Why don't you believe me?

Don't you trust me?

OK, OK, fine. I broke under your withering gaze.

Yes, I overate at yesterday's barbeque. A hot dog and three hamburgers. The hot dogs with mustard (no relish...they didn't have any: i like mustard and relish on my 'dogs), the hamburgers with ketchup and cole slaw (yes, I put the 'slaw on the burger...don't knock it until you've tried it.) And Moo? You can just shut up with that I've-found-someone-weirder-than-me! look on your face. Peeps, nipples. 'Nuf said, don't you think? Or do I need to go find the link?

I'm just a wee bit tired today: my younger daughter decided that it'd be really good idea to stand outside our room and yell at the top of her lungs. At midnight. And again at 4 a.m. I got up at 4:30 a.m. to get to work for a 7:30 a.m. conference call, so I'm really surprised I'm vertical today.

And I'm not really feeling 100% today.

Let's see, anything else I can complain about?

Nope.

EOP.

*giggling uncontrollably*

Your younger daughter gets my 100% stamp of approval. And three stars. No! Five! Five star stickers!

*giggling still*

It's the buffet mentality...you overeat because it's there....

It's like free drinks until 11pm...you drink all you can until 11...and then you end up throwing up in the sink a few hours later....Ick. I hate that memory.

Post a Comment