« Home | Another Childhood Icon Gone » | 24 » | Bravery? Not So Much. » | Keep My Politics to Myself » | Rezzie, Part III » | Rezzie, Part II » | Rezzie, Part I » | Home Away from Home » | No, No, No » | Great Moments in Marketing » 

Thursday, May 25, 2006 

Fugly

What's a balloon animal doing iin front of the new 7 World Trade Center?

Oh, never mind, it's just an incredibly ugly sculpture.

Don't you ever wish you were a corporate art sculptor? I know I do...In my hometown we have a swiss cheese block of metal in front of the courthouse, and I'm sure the artist got paid lots of money to make that ugly thing.

See, it's abstract art.

I'd love to be an abstract artist and get paid big bucks. I can't help but think the artist is making fun of the world; charging an arm and a leg for something that people draw meaning from. I mean, they stare at it to try to make sense of it when in reality, it is undoubtedly meant to be nonsensical.

That's my backup backup career. If being a rock star doesn't work, and being an engineer isn't good, I'm so falling back on my abstract art talent.

Post a Comment